Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shut Your Hole

I'm not sure if the bump on my head from falling off the Turnip Truck is 100% healed, but Saturday night, my friend told me about this game called Cornhole. Now, I don't know about you, but my definition of a corn hole was NOT a game and much like a middle school kid, I giggled every time my friend said the word, corn hole.
A quick google search proved that indeed, Cornhole is a game and a serious one at that. There are even leagues and an American Cornhole Association. *insert immature giggle here*

People can get all kinds of different cornhole boards, pimped out with your favorite sports teams and or designs and there are official rules on playing the game.



Cornhole is much like beanbag toss, and some people don't think it's funny at all. According to the American Cornhole Association or the ACA;

"Cornhole or Corn Toss is similar to horseshoes except you use wooden boxes called cornhole platforms and corn bags instead of horseshoes and metal stakes. Contestants take turns pitching their corn bags at the cornhole platform until a contestant reaches the score of 21 points. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. It's great fun for the whole family."*insert immature giggle here*

The game of Cornhole has even been called Cincinnati's best kept secret and the World's best kept secret. According to Shannon Russell of The Cincinnati Enquirer, "Cornhole originated on the West Side of Cincinnati, which is generally any area west of I-75." And since West Sider's eat East Sider's for breakfast, Ms. Russell writes that she was fairly reticent about checking out the Cornhole-ing community for her editorial assignment. “Cornhole is big over here because so many different people can play, and men and women can compete against each other equally,” said a Cornholer she interviewed. Russell, a native Cincinnati East-Sider, asked the Cornholer why she had she never heard of it.

“BECAUSE PEOPLE ON THE EAST SIDE ARE AFRAID TO SAY CORNHOLE,” The Cornholer said with a booming laugh. I briefly considered defending the entire East Side but decided I wanted to keep my teeth intact," writes Russell.


Dang, these people are serious about their Cornhole. *insert immature giggle here*


Come to think of it I kinda like my teeth too.
I think I'd probably be better served to just leave it at that, and shut my hole.

31 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Wow. Never heard of that game. More familiar with your definition.

RW said...

Cornholer... (pah hahahaha).

Yep. We play this in the parking lot at Sox park here in Chicago while we're cooking up the dogs & brats.

I'm good. I can cornhole with the best of them.

(BWA hahahahaha!)

Heff said...

We enjoy libations and cornholing at family gatherings around my parts.

It's very embarrassing when someone's sac "bests" yours and beats your sac off the board.

I don't like it when our sacs touch at all.

All I wanna do is get it in the hole !

Yes, Heff has Cornholed drunk on MANY occasions :)

Slyde said...

cornhole is a great game..

ive been playing it here on long island since last summer... im suprised my girlfriend earl hadnt heard of it.

SkylersDad said...

When a friend from back east told me about that game, my mind was right in the gutter alongside yours.

sybil law said...

Nice!!
My town!
Side note: I am from the East Side. The West Side is not anywhere most people would want to go. I've been, like... twice.

I've played Cornhole, too. My dillhole FIL got my husband a cornhole game set one Christmas- with the UC Bearcats on it.

It's all warped in the garage.

the walking man said...

If I can stand no further than about5 and 3/4 inches from the corn hole i could be a three point champion.

Cora said...

Oh, I know what you mean! Back in Seattle cornhole was NOT a game. It was an insult. *snicker* But as soon as I moved here to IL the natives were all excited to teach me how to cornhole (the game) (not the insult). Still haven't tried it, but the games I saw looked pretty entertaining.

will said...

Ah huh ... sure, right, you betcha.

離婚 said...

You write very well..

離婚 said...

You write very well..

抓姦 said...

You write very well..

偵探社 said...

You write very well..

法律 said...

You write very well..

尋人 said...

You write very well..

尋人 said...

You write very well..

討債 said...

You write very well..

討債 said...

You write very well..

討債公司 said...

You write very well..

債務 said...

You write very well..

催收 said...

You write very well..

應收帳款 said...

You write very well..

應收帳款 said...

You write very well..

債務催收 said...

You write very well..

債務催收 said...

You write very well..

法律諮詢 said...

You write very well..

法律諮詢 said...

You write very well..

外遇 said...

You write very well..

抓猴 said...

You write very well..

蒐證 said...

You write very well..

Scope said...

Yup. Been around the mid-west for more than a few years. Some folks call in "bags" to give it a slightly better name.